We wanted to provide an update on our new heater as we have received inquiries. Here the facts:
- Due to COVID - we initially had supplier delays. We expected our new heater by mid June, but we received it 7/7/20.
- The unit was physically put in place immediately upon arrival.
- The new heater is a significant upgrade and essentially doubles the heating capacity and is more efficient than our old unit.
- Like any significant asset within the primary operation room of our pool, there is no way to anticipate every aspect of the project until the unit is in place and tested.
- Volunteers from our Board and pool at large worked tirelessly for 2 weeks to get the water, gas and electricity connected to the unit.
- All items went as expected, with exception to the gas to the unit.
- We are actively working with the gas company and licensed vendors to troubleshoot the issue. This process has not been easy and is unfortunately exacerbated due to COVID.
- At the same time, we have a representative from the manufacture coming on site Tuesday to troubleshoot with us. This could potentially expedite the process but we can NOT guarantee that at the moment.
- We are committed to provide additional updates once we meet with the rep next Tuesday.